Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The adventure begins...

So a couple hours ago I got on my first flight by myself! I have traveled a good amount but never without a friend or my family. It's been funny b/c I'm usually totally confident traveling, but the newness of this makes me kinda neurotic...I've felt like I was forgetting something since I got to the airport and I thought it had something to do with worrying about my bags, but I realized it's more of a feeling like I'm missing someone. Pretty deep, huh? ;) I think I'm going to start journaling. :)

Josh and I are going to the U.S. Open finals pretty much right after I get to New York so I'm supposed to be studying up on tennis and the players so I'm not totally lost. My solution: beer in a sports bar. What says lone traveller better than that?! :)

I'm so excited to get to NYC I doubt I will sleep at all on the flight. I hope it's not too taboo to laugh deliriously during a tennis match...don't worry, I'll hold it together. :)

2 comments:

amynave said...

Oh my goodness, you're not only traveling alone but you're eating and drinking alone. Ok, I'm on my way:)

See you soon!

Katie Miller said...

Vanessa!!! I hope you made it safely to NYC....